From a young age, I remember being fascinated by the ability of nutrients to optimize, regenerate, and heal the body and mind. I am now pursuing my passion of helping others achieve optimal health as an integrative nutritionist here in the Washington D.C. area.
The ketogenic diet had captured my attention many years ago when I began meticulously studying it for its therapeutic applications in treating children with epilepsy and autism. As my research continued, the ketogenic diet truly resonated with me as I began to discover that it’s therapeutic potential expanded far beyond just neurological disorders.
Fueled by my own personal experiences and passion for helping others, I truly enjoy working with my clients to develop their own low-carb or ketogenic way of life in order to resolve their health concerns and improve their overall quality of life. Transitioning into nutritional ketosis can be a bit challenging at first, so it’s my goal to make things as simple as possible for my clients while helping them experience the immense rewards that come with nutritional ketosis.
One of the keys to a successful ketogenic diet plan is to maximize nutrient density (i.e. getting enough vegetables and other nutrient-richfoods!), while also maintaining proper macronutrient ratios of fat, carbs, and protein to achieve ketosis. I work with my clients in the following areas:
- Designing “REAL FOOD” meal plans consisting of well-formulated macronutrient ratios that are convenient, simple, and tailored to your personal preferences with foods you enjoy
- DETOXIFICATION – it’s critical to support all phases of detoxification while on a ketogenic diet to allow for proper eliminat of toxins from the body
- Identifying psychospiritual issues related to mind, body, and spirit that address underlying problems with food, body image, self-care, and other related concerns
- Measuring blood glucose and ketone levels to measure progress with ketosis
- Ordering advanced testing beyond traditional blood work that will help you determine micronutrient deficiencies, food sensitivities, and imbalances with GI microflora.
Please use the form below to contact me!