From a young age, I remember being fascinated by the ability of nutrients to optimize, regenerate, and heal the body and mind. Fast forward many years later and I am now pursuing my passion of helping others achieve optimal health as an integrative nutritionist here in the Washington D.C. area. In addition to my Master’s degree in Nutrition & Integrative Health, I have a strong background in biology and physiology and have been independently studying nutrition for virtually all of my life!
The ketogenic diet had captured my attention many years ago when I began meticulously studying it for its therapeutic applications in treating children with epilepsy and autism. As my research continued, the ketogenic diet truly resonated with me as I began to discover that it’s therapeutic potential expanded far beyond just neurological disorders.
I started my own ketogenic journey in 2013 to resolve issues with PCOS (an insulin resistant disorder), hormonal imbalances, weight gain, mood disorders, and a life-long battle with bulimia nervosa and binge eating disorder. Eating a low-carb/high-fat diet was absolutely essential to my recovery and I personally believe it’s the key to helping most of us achieve optimal energy, weight management, appetite regulation, blood sugar control, healthy lipid profiles, hormonal balancing, physical fitness, longevity and much more.
Fueled by my own personal experiences and passion for helping others, I love working with my clients to develop their own low-carb or ketogenic way of life in order to resolve their health concerns and improve their overall quality of life. Transitioning into nutritional ketosis can be a bit challenging at first, so it’s my goal to make things as simple as possible for my clients while helping them experience the immense rewards that come with nutritional ketosis.
One of the keys to a successful ketogenic diet plan is to maximize nutrient density (i.e. getting enough vegetables and other nutrient-richfoods!), while also maintaining proper macronutrient ratios of fat, carbs, and protein to achieve ketosis. I work with my clients in the following areas:
- Designing “REAL FOOD” meal plans consisting of well-formulated macronutrient ratios that are convenient, simple, and tailored to your personal preferences with foods you enjoy
- Identifying psychospiritual issues related to mind, body, and spirit that address underlying problems with food, body image, self-care, and other related concerns
- Measuring blood glucose and ketone levels to measure progress with ketosis
- Analyzing traditional blood work panels to uncover any dysfunction within bodily systems or processes that need to be resolved
- Ordering advanced testing beyond basic blood work that will help you determine micronutrient deficiencies, food sensitivities, imbalances with GI microflora, and much more
- Unique supplementation protocols to tackle various health conditions
If you are interested in working with me please feel free to contact me below so we can help get your started on your own journey into nutritional ketosis! 🙂